Fine Screening of combined sewer overflow.
- a brush screen that removes solids (down to 4 mm) from overflows.
- a modular construction that makes it easy to install in new structures or retrofit into existing ones.
- a brush screen that requires no outside energy source to operate. The spilled flow turns a water wheel which in turn powers the brush screen.
- Requires no hydraulic power pack
- Requires no electricity
- Screens down to 4 mm
- No control panel required
- Modular design
- Easy to install
- Easy to retro-fit
- Low maintenance costs
- No blockages due to flexible bristles
- Self cleaning screening elements
- Stainless steel construction
- Unaffected by power failures
As the upstream water level increases, water flows through the GNA CSO HYDROCLEAN bristles, over the weir wall and is directed to the water wheel. The rotating water wheel turns the brush through a fixed comb which cleans the bristles and collects the debris in a trash storage area. This storage area is created by a float activated baffle and the fixed floatable baffle. At the end of an overflow event, the float activated baffle opens and allows the accumulated debris to drop to the sewer floor where they transported to the WWTP for treatment and removal.
Top of page